Members are invited to attend a special member meeting on January 4, 2024 at 4:00 p.m. via Zoom. You will have an opportunity to speak with the leaders of both organizations, Scott Olson CEO/President of Star Choice Credit Union, Tammy Johnson-Kohl Vice President of Star Choice Credit Union, and Phillip Kopischke CEO/President of SharePoint Credit Union. Click here to register for the special member meeting. Registration for the meeting ends on January 2, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. Click here to learn more about the special meeting.
• More products, services and branches to better serve each member
• Ability to compete with large financial institutions while maintaining higher service and quality levels
• Strengthened long-term viability
• Opportunity for geographic and field of membership expansion
When going through a merger, there are two different dates that guide the transition of two credit unions into one. The first date is the Legal Merger Effective Date (LMED) and the second is the Operational Merger Effective Date (OMED).
The LMED is in March 4, 2024. This is the date that the financials of Star Choice become part of SharePoint’s financials. However, this is not the date in which all of the operational processes change. You will notice little to no change as of March 4, 2024.
As a Star Choice member you will continue doing business as usual until the OMED. The OMED will be performed in Spring of 2024. That is when Star Choice member accounts will be converted to the SharePoint system. Star Choice members will continue to utilize their current online & mobile banking, billpay, and branches etc, until the operational merge is complete. There will be communication throughout the transition process giving information on the change and guide members as to what they can expect. The goal is to make the merger as seamless as possible for the Star Choice membership.
Founded in 1933 by a group of dedicated Red Owl grocery store employees, SharePoint has since evolved to become a cornerstone of the grocery store industry. Presently, it serves esteemed establishments such as Lunds, Byerlys, Kowalski’s, Jerry’s, and Cub Foods, in addition to partnering with 50 other prominent companies. Beyond that, SharePoint’s reach extends to cover the entire 8 county metro areas.
Currently, SharePoint Credit Union serves over 22,000 members, boasting more than $304 million in assets. It has multiple branch locations; Andover, Bloomington, Burnsville, St. Louis Park, Medina, and Plymouth. For further information about SharePoint Credit Union, you can visit their official website at www.sharepointcu.com.
Star Choices traces its roots back to 1931 when it was established as the Minneapolis Star Employees Credit Union. Star Choice’s field of membership initially revolved around employees of the Star Tribune Newspaper, now serves Hennepin and Scott County communities. Star Choice serves over 6,300 members, primarily in the Twin Cities area, with a branch located in Bloomington. Star Choice has over $91 million in assets. To learn more about Star Choice visit www.starchoicecu.org
- Andover Branch (Inside King’s County Market): 13735 Round Lake Blvd. NW, Andover, MN 55304
- Burnsville Branch (Intersection of Nicollet Ave. and Highway 13): 200 East Travelers Trail, Burnsville, MN 55337-4097
- Bloomington Branch: 5300 Hyland Greens Dr., Bloomington, MN 55437
- Medina Branch: 3575 Sioux Drive, Medina, MN 55340
- Plymouth Branch: 13600 Industrial Park Blvd., Plymouth, MN 55441
- St. Louis Park Branch: 3670 Aquila Ave South, St. Louis Park, MN 55426
- Bloomington Branch: 10750 France Ave S Bloomington, MN 55431